Main features of VIPRE Internet Security 2016
- Antivirus and antispyware. Effective VIPRE antivirus engine with spyware and improved anti-rootkit technology.
- Proactive protection. Proactive Edge Protection component is designed to detect threats to “zero-day”, hidden in Web pages. Most modern malware spread through exploits and compromised web pages. This function will block pages that contain code exploits.
- Protection in real time. Active Protection (AP) – malware detection in real time. AP works in the background while you are working or visiting
- Web sites on the Internet, constantly monitoring files that are executed without slowing down your computer system.
- Mail Anti-Virus. Protect inbound and outbound e-mail from malicious attachments.
- Scanner connected devices. VIPRE includes a scanner connected to a computer device that automatically checks a USB-drives and other devices for malicious files.
- Automatic firewall. VIPRE Internet Security includes an automatic set up, easy to use firewall to protect against malicious inbound and outbound Internet traffic. Experienced users, users can use additional settings to configure the firewall based on personal preference.
- Intrusion Detection System. The solution includes intrusion detection system (IDS) to protect against hackers and online threats.
- Web protection against online threats. Web protection filters all visited web sites and blocks malicious or suspicious Internet resources.
- Protection from spam and phishing. Anti-Spam allows you to filter incoming e-mail anti-spam and phishing.
- Protection against vulnerabilities. VIPRE Easy Update protects against malware that uses the vulnerability of applications and the operating system Windows. While the developers released hotfixes and security updates its products, VIPRE Easy Update receives these updates and apply them to your computer automatically.
New in VIPRE Internet Security 2016
- Support for Windows 10. Vipre Internet Security received a redesigned user interface with support for Security Center in Windows 10 for more transparent indication of the current status of the security. Microsoft has introduced a system whereby older versions of antivirus products will be removed during the upgrade to the corresponding version of Windows 10. This version of Vipre has been tested and compatibility with the new OS is confirmed, so it will not be removed during the upgrade process.
- A new feature – protection against exploits. New proactive Edge Protection component is designed to detect threats to “zero-day”, hidden in Web pages. Most modern malware spread through exploits and compromised web pages. This function will block pages that contain code exploits.
- Improved – Automatic installation of updates. Auto Patch Functionality has been improved. Fast scanning and patching third-party applications.